Hello everybody, it is John, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, green peas idli. One of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Green Peas idli is one of the most popular of current trending meals in the world. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. Green Peas idli is something which I have loved my whole life. They’re nice and they look wonderful.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook green peas idli using 24 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Green Peas idli:
- Prepare For idli-
- Make ready 3⁄4 cup semolina (fine variety is preferred)
- Make ready 3⁄4 cup curd
- Take 3⁄4 cup green peas
- Get 1 inch ginger
- Prepare 5 green chillies (or as per your taste)
- Take 1 tsp Eno
- Get 1 tsp salt (more or less)
- Prepare For tadka-
- Take 1 tbsp oil
- Get 1 tsp mustard seeds
- Make ready 1 tsp udad dal
- Make ready 15 curry leaves
- Make ready For coconut chutney-
- Prepare 50 grams coconut
- Take As per taste Salt
- Take 3 Green chillies
- Get 1 inch ginger
- Prepare Few coriander leaves
- Take For chutney tadka-
- Take 1 tsp oil
- Prepare 1⁄2 tsp mustard seeds
- Take 1⁄2 tsp urad dal
- Prepare 10 curry leaves
Instructions to make Green Peas idli:
- Combine green peas, salt, chillies and ginger in a mixer jar. Grind it a bit. Add 2 tbsp water and grind again to make a fine paste.
- In a bowl combine semolina, peas paste, salt and curd. You may add a little water if needed to get the consistency as shown in the picture. Mix well and keep aside cover for 10 mins.
- Take some water in a pot that can fit your idli stand. Apply oil in the idli stand. Heat oil for tadka, crackle mustard seeds, add urad Dal and fry a bit till it turns pinkish. Add curry leaves, fry a bit and then pour tadka over idli batter. Combine well.
- By now the water in the pot must be boiling. Add eno in the batter and mix well till the batter looks frothy and light. Put a tablespoon of batter in each section of idli batter.
- Pile up the plates on the stand and place the stand in the pot. Cover the pot. Turn the heat to medium and cook for 10 min. Remove it from the pot and set aside to cool for 5 min. Scoop it out one by one and they are ready to serve! Combine ingredients for chutney and grind. Make and pour tadka over it and mix well. Serve idlis with coconut chutney.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food green peas idli recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!