Hello everybody, it’s Drew, welcome to my recipe site. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, spicy scalloped yams. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Spicy Scalloped Yams is one of the most popular of recent trending meals on earth. It’s easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions daily. They are nice and they look fantastic. Spicy Scalloped Yams is something which I have loved my whole life.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have spicy scalloped yams using 4 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Spicy Scalloped Yams:
- Make ready 3-4 yams, peeled
- Prepare 2 cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- Take 1-3 TB canned adobo purée
- Prepare Salt and pepper
Instructions to make Spicy Scalloped Yams:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a food processor, or by hand, slice yams about 1/8th inch thick. Set aside.
- Mince 1-3 chipotle peppers depending on how spicy you like it. *Always taste your adobo sauce and chipotles to see how spicy they are. Each can varies even if it's the same brand.
- In a blender, add heavy cream, minced chipotles and adobo sauce. Blend till combined. DO NOT over blend or you'll have spicy whipped cream.
- Taste your cream mixture to see if you need more heat.
- In a 9 x 13 baking dish, coat the bottom of the dish with some of the cream mix.
- Overlap the yams on the bottom of the dish to create your first layer. Add salt and pepper, then drizzle with cream mix over the yams.
- Repeat the last step to create multiple layers. Make sure the top layer of yams is covered well with the chipotle cream.
- Bake covered for 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake for another 35 or until yams are fork tender.
- Serve hot.
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food spicy scalloped yams recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!