Hey everyone, it’s Louise, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, yam cake | taro cake | 芋頭糕. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious. 芋頭糕 is one of the most popular of current trending foods in the world. It’s appreciated by millions daily. It is simple, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. Yam Cake
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook yam cake | taro cake | 芋頭糕 using 16 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Yam Cake | Taro Cake | 芋頭糕:
- Take 50 g Dried Shrimp,
- Get 8 Dried Chinese Black Mushroom,
- Prepare 50 g Dried Scallops,
- Make ready 100 ml Canola / Vegetable / Peanut Oil, For Frying About
- Get 1 Red Onion Finely Sliced Into Rings,
- Get 500 g Yam / Taro Peeled Finely Diced,
- Make ready Chinese 5 Spice, 1 TSP
- Prepare Pinch Sea Salt,
- Take Pinch White Pepper,
- Take 1 TBSP Light Soy Sauce,
- Take 3 Cloves Garlic Finely Minced,
- Get 200 g Rice Flour,
- Make ready 1⁄2 TBSP Sriracha,
- Take 1 TBSP Kecap Manis,
- Take 1 Handful Scallions / Green Onions Finely Sliced,
- Prepare 1 Handful Red Chili Deseeded Finely Sliced,
Instructions to make Yam Cake | Taro Cake | 芋頭糕:
- Divide the water equally into 2 separate bowls. - - Soak dried shrimps and mushrooms in the water for at last 30 mins. - - Prepare a steamer. - - Transfer the dried scallops into a heat proof bowl.
- Steam for at least 15 to 20 mins or until the scallops are fork tender. - - Remove from heat and set aside to cool down. - - Remove the dried shrimps and mushrooms from water. - - Do not discard the water as it is needed at a later stage.
- Finely chop the dried shrimps and set aside. - - Finely dice the mushrooms and set aside. - - Once the scallops are cooled, tear the scallops into shreds using your hands and set aside. - - In a cast iron skillet over medium heat, add the oil.
- To check if the temperature of the oil is ready, place a wooden chopstick into the oil. - - If bubbles start to form, the temperature is ready for frying.* - - Add in the onion rings. - - As soon as the onion rings start to turn golden brown, remove from heat and transfer to a plate lined with kitchen paper and set aside.
- Add the yam into the same skillet (with the remaining oil). - - Saute until the yam starts to soften. - - Remove from heat and transfer into a large mixing bowl. - - Season with Chinese 5 spice, salt and pepper.
- Still using the same skillet with the remaining oil, add in the dried shrimps, mushrooms and scallops. - - Stir to combine well. - - Add in light soy sauce and garlic. - - Saute until aromatic.
- Transfer into the bowl together with the yam. - - Add in half of the fried onions. - - Mix to combine well. - - Add the water stock (from soaking the dried shrimps and mushrooms) into a pot over a medium heat.
- Gradually, sieve in the rice flour while whisking to combine. - - Stir to combine well and cook until the batter thickens. - - Add in the yam mixture. - - Stir to combine well.
- Lightly grease the cake pan with oil. - - Transfer the mixture into the cake pan. - - Prepare a steamer. - - Steam for at least 45 mins or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Remove from heat and allow it to cool down completely before slicing and serving, at least 1 hr. - - Mix sriracha with kecap manis in a small dipping saucer. - - Serve with scallions, red chili, the remaining fried onion and the sriracha dipping sauce.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food yam cake | taro cake | 芋頭糕 recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!