Hello everybody, it is John, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, amies rice with peas. It is one of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
AMIEs RICE with PEAs is one of the most favored of current trending meals on earth. It is appreciated by millions daily. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. They are nice and they look fantastic. AMIEs RICE with PEAs is something which I have loved my whole life.
The peas in this aren't really peas at all, but red beans. It is customary in the Caribbean to refer to beans as peas. This recipe uses coconut cream, but the flavor is mild and not overpowering–just enough to give a hint of island flavor. The scotch bonnet is not as fiery as you'd think as well, since it.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook amies rice with peas using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make AMIEs RICE with PEAs:
- Make ready 400 grams green peas
- Prepare 1 2⁄3 liter chicken stock, heated
- Get 80 grams butter
- Get 1 tbsp olive oil
- Prepare 1 medium onion, finely diced
- Make ready 2 cup arborio or other risotto rice
- Get 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan
- Prepare 2 tbsp flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- Make ready 1 salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Take 1 tbsp mint, finely chopped (optional)
There is something nice about being able to put something in the oven, setting the timer and forgetting about it. This fluffy Jamaican rice dish features authentic Caribbean flavors like fragrant ginger, sweet coconut milk and a kick of Scotch bonnet pepper. Meanwhile, if fresh peas are used, drop them into boiling salted water and cook one minute or less until tender. Seasoned rice and peas make an excellent main meal.
Steps to make AMIEs RICE with PEAs:
- Heat half the butter and the oil in a large, heave-based saucepan over-low medium heat. Add the onion and saute until softened. Add the peas and cook for 10 minutes. Place half of cooked peas in a food processor and blend until pureed. Set aside.
- Add the rice with the remaining peas, stirring to coat, and cook for a further 2 minutes. Add the stock gradually, a ladle at a time, stirring constantly. Be sure the liquid is absorbed before the next addition. Cook for 10 minutes, adding the stock.gradually, stirring continously. Add the puree and cook for another 5-10 minutes, adding any remaining stock, until rice is al dente.
- Mix half the parmesan, the remaining butter, the parsley and mint. Season with salt and pepper. Served topped with the remaining cheese.
Meanwhile, if fresh peas are used, drop them into boiling salted water and cook one minute or less until tender. Seasoned rice and peas make an excellent main meal. I am sure it will become a favorite once you try it. The whole family LOVED this unique flavor with a mild kick! My son hates peas but ate all of them when they were surrounded with this yummy rice!
So that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food amies rice with peas recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!