Hey everyone, it’s me again, Dan, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, tuvar dana bhaat/pigeon peas rice. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Tuvar Dana Bhaat/Pigeon Peas Rice is one of the most popular of current trending meals in the world. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. It is appreciated by millions daily. Tuvar Dana Bhaat/Pigeon Peas Rice is something which I have loved my entire life. They’re fine and they look wonderful.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook tuvar dana bhaat/pigeon peas rice using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Tuvar Dana Bhaat/Pigeon Peas Rice:
- Get 1.5 tbsp oil
- Make ready 1 tsp mustard seeds
- Get 1 bay leaf
- Make ready 1 inch cinnamon stick
- Make ready 1⁄4 tsp asafoetida
- Prepare 1 dry red chilli
- Get 1 onion finely chopped
- Get 1⁄2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- Take 1⁄2 tsp turmeric powder
- Make ready 1 tsp red chilli powder or as per spice level needed
- Take 1⁄2 cup fresh green tuvar dana fresh green pigeon peas. I have used the frozen fresh tuvar dana
- Get 1 cup basmati rice washed and soaked for half hour
- Make ready 2 cup water
- Make ready salt as per taste
Steps to make Tuvar Dana Bhaat/Pigeon Peas Rice:
- In a pressure cooker pan, heat oil, add mustard seeds and when they crackle add bay leaf, cinnamon stick, dry red chilli and asafoetida.
- Add chopped onion and saute. Saute the onions till translucent and then add ginger garlic paste. Saute for few seconds. Add turmeric powder and red chilli powder and saute for few more seconds.
- Add the fresh tuvar dana (fresh pigeon peas) and mix well. Saute. Add the soaked and drain rice and saute for a minute
- Add water and salt and mix well. Cover the lid and pressure cook the rice for 4 high whistles and 2 low whistle. Let the pressure cooker cool by itself and then open the lid. The tuvar dana bhaar / pigeon peas rice is ready.
- Serve the rice plain or with yogurt/buttermilk/gujarati kadhi and papad, pickle and salad.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food tuvar dana bhaat/pigeon peas rice recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!