Hey everyone, it is me again, Dan, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, roasted lemongrass chicken. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Roasted Lemongrass Chicken is one of the most favored of recent trending foods on earth. It is appreciated by millions daily. It is simple, it is fast, it tastes yummy. Roasted Lemongrass Chicken is something which I’ve loved my whole life. They are nice and they look fantastic.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have roasted lemongrass chicken using 19 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Roasted Lemongrass Chicken:
- Get 1 kg (about 2 lbs) chicken thigh and drumstick
- Take 2 lemongrass (white part), bruised
- Prepare 4 kaffir lime leaves
- Prepare 2 bay leaves
- Get 4 cloves
- Prepare 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Get 1 tbsp salt
- Get 2 tsp coconut/brown sugar
- Make ready 100 ml water
- Make ready 1⁄2 tsp ground white/black pepper
- Prepare Grind the following into spice paste :
- Make ready 10 shallots
- Prepare 6 garlic cloves
- Prepare 5 red/fresno pepper, seeded
- Prepare 2 cm ginger
- Take 1 cm galangal (in USA only dried one available)
- Take 2 cm kaempferia galanga (in USA only dried one available)
- Take 15 candle nuts
- Get 1 tsp shrimp paste
Steps to make Roasted Lemongrass Chicken:
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Heat about 3 tablespoons of oil. Sauté spice paste, lemon grass, lime leaves, bay leaves, cloves and nutmeg until they get darker color and cooked. Add chicken, water, salt, sugar and pepper. Stir well. Turn the heat off.
- Prepare a baking dish, lined with aluminum foil. Put the chicken (make sure the skin is facing up) and the spice into the aluminum foil. Wrap tight.
- Put the baking dish into the oven. Bake for an hour.
- Take the baking dish out, open the aluminum foil wrap. Taste the sauce, add salt/sugar if necessary, do not forget to stir evenly if there is addition of salt/sugar. Put the baking dish back into the oven. Bake for another 15-20 minutes (until the chicken/sauce surface looks roasted).
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food roasted lemongrass chicken recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!