Hey everyone, it is Drew, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, carrot cake. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Carrot Cake is one of the most popular of current trending meals in the world. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions daily. Carrot Cake is something that I have loved my entire life. They are fine and they look wonderful.
I've tried many carrot cakes, and this is my favorite recipe. Carrot Cake Recipe - How to Make Carrot Cake Carrot cake is cake that contains carrots mixed into the batter. Most modern carrot cake recipes have a white cream cheese frosting.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have carrot cake using 19 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Carrot Cake:
- Prepare Carrot Cake:
- Make ready 1 cup pecans or walnuts- lightly baked & coarsely chopped
- Make ready 340 g raw carrots (about 2 1⁄2 cups finely grated)
- Make ready 2 cups all-purpose flour
- Get 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Take 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- Take 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Take 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Get 4 large eggs
- Get 1 1⁄2 cups granulated white sugar
- Prepare 1 cup sunflower, vegetable or canola oil (or other flavorless oil)
- Make ready 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Get Cream Cheese Frosting:
- Prepare 1⁄4 cup (57 grams) unsalted butter, room temperature
- Make ready 8 ounces (227 grams) cream cheese, room temperature
- Make ready 2 cups (230 grams) confectioners (powdered or icing) sugar, sifted
- Get 1 teaspoon (4 grams) pure vanilla extract
- Take 1 teaspoon (4 grams) freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Take 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest (outer yellow skin) (optional)
This carrot cake cake sets the standard for carrot cakes everywhere. It's deeply moist and filled with toasted pecans. Most of its flavor comes from brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and carrots. I feel like carrot cake is a dessert most people tend to only make around Easter.
Instructions to make Carrot Cake:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). Butter, or spray cake pan.
- Whisk the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and ground cinnamon.
- With electric mixer, beat the eggs until frothy (about 1 minute). Add the sugar and vanilla extract and beat, on high speed, until the batter is thick and light colored (about 3 - 4 minutes). With the mixer on low speed, gradually add the oil in a steady stream and then beat until combined. Add the flour mixture and beat just until incorporated. With a rubber spatula fold in the grated carrots and chopped nuts.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cakes comes out clean.
- Cream Cheese Frosting: With electric mixer, beat the butter until smooth. Add the powdered sugar and vanilla extract and beat until light and fluffy (about 2-3 minutes). Add the lemon juice and beat until incorporated. Add the soft cream cheese in four to five additions (scraping the bowl as needed), beating until incorporated and the frosting is nice and smooth.
- To Assemble: Once the cake is cool, slice it in the middle. Place one layer of the cake on your serving platter. Spread with about 3⁄4 cup (150 grams) of the frosting. Gently place the second cake layer onto the frosting and spread the rest of the frosting over the top and sides of the cake. If desired, garnish with toasted nuts. Serve cold or bring to room temperature before serving.
Most of its flavor comes from brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and carrots. I feel like carrot cake is a dessert most people tend to only make around Easter. But honestly, carrot cake is such an incredible dessert and I think it should be enjoyed all year long. This Carrot Cake with pineapple and coconut is a family favorite, made every year for all sorts of celebrations from birthdays to Easter! Originally from the Silver Palate cookbook, we've made several.
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food carrot cake recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!