Hey everyone, hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, coconut kheer. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Coconut Kheer is one of the most popular of recent trending foods in the world. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions daily. Coconut Kheer is something which I’ve loved my whole life. They’re nice and they look wonderful.
To begin with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have coconut kheer using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Coconut Kheer:
- Make ready 1 cup Black rice
- Make ready as needed Water to soak
- Take 3 cups Coconut milk
- Get 3 tbsp Sugar
- Make ready As needed Mango slices
- Get Pinch salt
- Prepare 1⁄3 tsp corn starch/corn flour
Steps to make Coconut Kheer:
- Soak the black rice for 8 hours in water. Use enough water so that the rice is covered with it.
- Drain the water completely. Be careful not to leave any access water in the rice.
- After the water us drained, steam the rice for 25 to 30 min or till rice is chewy. Alternatively you can cook the rice in water. 1 cup of rice needs around 3 cups of water, but as we will cook the rice in coconut milk as well, use only 2 cups instead.
- While the rice is steaming, keep aside 3 tbsps of coconut milk. Hear rest of the coconut milk with sugar on medium heat. You don't need to boil it, just heat till the sugar dissolves
- Once the rice is a little chewy, add it to heated coconut milk and cook further till all the liquid is soaked. Adjust the sugar according to your taste. Stir occasionally to avoid it from sticking to the bottom of the pan
- While the rice is cooking, use the coconut milk set aside to make sweet and salty accompaniment. Add 1⁄3 tsp of corn flour to 3 tbsp of coconut milk, a pich of salt and a pich of sugar. Heat till it thickens. Set aside.
- Once the rice is cooked and all the coconut milk is soaked up, serve with mango slices and the sweet and salty accompaniment made earlier. It cab be served both hot and cold
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food coconut kheer recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!