Hello everybody, it’s Louise, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, sakura mochi. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Sakura Mochi is one of the most popular of current trending meals on earth. It’s appreciated by millions daily. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. Sakura Mochi is something that I’ve loved my entire life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook sakura mochi using 5 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Sakura Mochi:
- Prepare 360 ml Mochi rice
- Take 16 Sakura leaves preserved in salt
- Take 2 tbsp Sugar
- Make ready 1 Red food colouring
- Make ready 350 grams Store-bought azuki bean paste
Steps to make Sakura Mochi:
- If the store-bought anko has a lot of liquid, boil it off in a saucepan. Divide the paste into 16 equal pieces and shape into balls.
- Rinse 2 cups of mochi rice and drain in a sieve.
- Put the sugar in a bowl and mix with a tiny amount of red food colouring.
- Put the mochi rice in the rice cooker along with 360 ml water and the sugar and food colouring mixture from Step 3. Mix together and cook as normal.
- Once cooked, mash the rice lightly with a rolling pin, etc.
- Spread the rice out on a baking tray and divide into 16 equal pieces.
- Place 1 part of the rice mixture on top of some cling film and flatten it out. Add a ball of the anko on top and wrap the rice to the center.
- Wrap in a sakura leaf and they're ready.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food sakura mochi recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!