Hey everyone, it is me, Dave, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, rainbow onde-onde (sesame ball). It is one of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Rainbow Onde-Onde (Sesame Ball) is one of the most favored of current trending meals on earth. It’s easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions daily. Rainbow Onde-Onde (Sesame Ball) is something that I’ve loved my whole life. They are nice and they look fantastic.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have rainbow onde-onde (sesame ball) using 18 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Rainbow Onde-Onde (Sesame Ball):
- Make ready Filling
- Make ready 100 g mung bean (soak for 12 hours and peel the skin)
- Make ready 85 g granulated sugar
- Take 65 ml thick coconut milk
- Prepare 1⁄4 Tsp vanilla powder
- Take 1 pandan leaf
- Make ready pinch salt
- Get Dough
- Take 250 g glutinous rice flour
- Get 30 g rice flour
- Make ready 50 g mashed potato
- Prepare 4 Tbsp granulated sugar
- Get 160 ml warm water
- Get pinch salt
- Take food coloring (red, blue, green, purple)
- Get Coating
- Prepare Water
- Get 55 g sesame seed
Steps to make Rainbow Onde-Onde (Sesame Ball):
- Prepare filling ingredients. Steam mung beans for 20 minutes and blend it into paste with food processor. Blend with vanilla powder and half of coconut milk (30 ml)
- Heat pan in low heat and pour coconut milk, sugar and pandan leaf. Cook until sugar dissolved, then pour mung bean paste into pan. Keep stir the paste until it can be shaped. Turn of heat and let it cool.
- Take 1 Tsp of mung bean paste and shape it into ball. The result is 27 balls. (you could add the amount of paste as you like)
- Next, prepare ingredients for dough. Mix everything into a bowl (except water and food coloring). Add warm water little by little and keep stir the dough with spatula until it can be shaped. You can knead it with your hand. Give small amount of water if the dough is still crumble.
- Divide dough into 5. Give 4 dough food coloring. I gave 2 drops of food coloring for each dough 2.
- Since I have 27 filling balls, I devided again 2 doughs to 6, and the other to 5.
- Shape dough to ball then compress it. Take one filling and wrap it with dough. Do it until no filling left.
- Prepare ingredients for coating. Put a ball into water, move and coat ball with sesame seeds. Softly press sesame seeds in order to prevent it fall out while frying.
- In a large pan, fill it with oil. Soak onde-onde in the oil. Turn on stove in low heat. Wait until bubbles appear and Onde-Onde becomes a bit firm. Then change fire to medium heat. Keep stir Onde-Onde while frying. Fry it for about 7 minutes until golden brown.
- I fried Onde-Onde in 2 batches. Let the oil cold again and repeat the frying step. This method prevents the dough from exploded while frying.
- Onde-Onde is ready to serve with your favorite tea or coffee ✨
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food rainbow onde-onde (sesame ball) recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!