Hey everyone, hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, jamaican rice & peas. One of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Jamaican Rice & Peas is one of the most favored of current trending meals on earth. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions daily. They’re fine and they look fantastic. Jamaican Rice & Peas is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have jamaican rice & peas using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Jamaican Rice & Peas:
- Prepare 1 cup red kidney beans or 1 can pinto beans( I used kidney beans
- Take 1 pack coconut powder or 1 can coconut cream
- Make ready 2 cups long grain rice or your fav
- Take 1⁄4 cup butter
- Take 1⁄2 tsp Salt
- Get 2 sprig (stalk) thymes
- Get 1 tsp chicken seasoning or paprika (optional)
- Make ready 1 green scotch bonnet pepper(jamaican pepper)
- Prepare 1 garlic
Instructions to make Jamaican Rice & Peas:
- If using can beans pour bean in 2 cups of boiling water and follow the rest of the recipe. If used red kidney beans wash beans and then add to 7 cups of water with the garlic and allow to cook or until beans are tender. Used pressure cooker for quicker cooking
- To the cooked beans stir in coconut milk or cream(if used powder mix it in 1 cup of water), salt, seasoning,thyme,pepper,butter,jamaican pepper and cover and cook for 5mins
- Wash rice and then stir it into coconut mixture. Cover and let simmer for 20 mins on low heat or until rice is cooked and all the liquid is dried up. Ps less liquid the better so the rice doesnt become a puddle. I'd say liquid should be 1inch above the rice.if your liquid is too much the cooking time is longer and the rice will be overcooked. Stir occasionally throughout the cooking period to ensure all grains of the rice is cooked and doesnt stick to the pot.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food jamaican rice & peas recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!