Hello everybody, hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, purple potato sage & leek soup. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Purple Potato Sage & Leek Soup is one of the most well liked of current trending meals on earth. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It is appreciated by millions daily. Purple Potato Sage & Leek Soup is something that I’ve loved my whole life. They are nice and they look fantastic.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook purple potato sage & leek soup using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Purple Potato Sage & Leek Soup:
- Take 2 lb Purple Potatoes
- Take 2 cup Large Leeks (sliced thin)
- Take 1⁄4 cup Chopped Red Onion
- Prepare 2 clove Large Garlic (minced)
- Prepare 2 tbsp Butter
- Take 1 quart Chicken (or Veg) stock
- Make ready 1⁄4 cup Fresh Sage (chopped)
- Make ready 4 oz Heavy Cream
- Make ready 1 tbsp Sea Salt
- Make ready 1 tsp Fresh Ground Pepper
Instructions to make Purple Potato Sage & Leek Soup:
- Cold water rinse then salt/brine boil whole potatoes until fork can spear them (about 30-40 minutes)
- Chop garlic, onion, sage and leeks, then melt butter in a pan and sauté until softened (about 3-4 minutes) leeks should still be slightly firm. Then add 1 cup stock to pan and stir for about a minute until all the liquid is absorbed - turn heat off and let sit
- When potatoes are ready, rinse with cold water to stop cooking, then place them into a food processor or blender. whip. they will turn into a creamy/sticky/gooey consistency. Use some stock and whip in and loosen the goo then pour into soup pot
- Next put the sautéed veg into the processor and burst chop until minced (don't cremate or texture of soup will be off) - again use a bit of stock to loosen the buttery veg mix and mix in, then dump into pot and stir the whole mixture together while adding the remaining stock (less stock for a thicker consistency) and salt/pepper
- Bring to a medium boil while stirring frequently. At boil, lower to simmer and slowly stir in cream (can add more or less to preference). simmer 20 minutes on low heat to thicken (longer for thicker) and turn off heat. Let pot sit covered for 10-20 minutes with an occasional stir before serving to finish.
- Refrigerate excess immediately in an air tight container - do not freeze. Will keep 4-6 days if refrigerated and well sealed (zero air). The cream will spoil rapidly if left to sit/exposed to air
So that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food purple potato sage & leek soup recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!